With nitrogen to higher yield
- May be easily retrofitted with existing systems for FOUP storage (e. g. ZFS, Stocker) without having to change the fab structure during regular fab operations
- Independent purge functionality for each nest, no gas spill / waste
- Constant gas flow during the entire storage period
- Every purge nest is individually monitored and controlled
- Avoids AMC (Airborne Molecular Contamination) and other chemical reactions
- Allows extended queue time between process steps
- Improves overall process yield
In a 300mm semiconductor factory more than 3,000 existing ZFS workstations were retrofitted with a Fabmatics ZFS FOUP Purge System. The solution has significantly increased the production yield and now allows extended idle times before further processing if necessary.
To date, more than 700 Stocker stations have been equipped with a Fabmatics MFS (Matrix Frame Storage) FOUP Purge System. The systems now available as purge-storage systems serve as WIP (Work in Progress) intermediate storage within production.
In another 300mm semiconductor factory, nearly 5,000 shelf storage stations were also equipped with a Fabmatics MFS (Matrix Frame Storage) FOUP Purge System. Particularly low purge gas flow rates are used for long-term storage of end-processed wafers.
- for other wafer sizes , e. g. SMIF Pods (200mm) or 450 mm FOUPs
- for Matrix Frame Storage (Stocker, Racks)
- for Zero Footprint Storage (OHT)
- Slim Purge Load Port as manual Input/Output Station for OHT systems